Social Enterprise Development and Income Generation for NPOs
Social enterprise in South Africa has rapidly become the rule and not the exception. With dwindling donor funds, NPOs are compelled to generate their own funding and broaden their social and environmental impact. While for many time and resource-strapped organisations this prospect may seem daunting, the truth is that social enterprise can be an exciting addition to an organisation’s offering. In this interactive and practical training session, Jane Mills will take aspirant NPO entrepreneurs through the essential groundwork that needed before embarking on any income generating activities. Drawing on 15 years’ experience in NPO fundraising, marketing and social enterprise development implementation, Jane will help lead delegates through the basics of social enterprise.
- Definitions of social enterprise
- Assessment of an organisation’s readiness to embark on a social enterprise
- The basics of supply and demand – how to assess if there is a need for a product or a service
- Idea generation for successful social enterprises
- Basics of price, product and promotion for services offered/good for sale
- What now? An essential plan of action for turning your ideas in to reality
Join us for this interactive, half-day event that will kick-start your social enterprise engine into high gear. Leave the workshop with renewed enthusiasm, concrete ideas and a plan of action.